Grassroots Manager (part time)
The Parkinson’s Action Network (PAN) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization of 12 staff members dedicated to finding better treatments and a cure for Parkinson’s disease through grassroots advocacy and public policy.
PAN serves as the unified voice of the Parkinson’s community on all public policy issues, representing clinicians, patients, researchers, and all national organizations including The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research, the Davis Phinney Foundation, the National Parkinson Foundation, the Parkinson’s Disease Foundation, and the Parkinson Alliance.
PAN is looking for a Grassroots Manager who will manage PAN’s national grassroots advocacy program, including hundreds of grassroots leaders and thousands of advocates across the country. The Grassroots Manager reports to the Deputy CEO. The position is a flexible, part-time position at approximately 20-25 hours a week.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with grassroots leaders and related organizational contacts.
- Training and assisting volunteer grassroots leaders with information, materials, and support.
- Creating weekly update emails to grassroots leadership.
- Creating and tracking grassroots leadership lists and activities.
- Updating and maintaining current information on PAN’s website and on state-level informational pages.
- Collecting and organizing relevant information about program activities.
- Assisting in the planning, organization, and execution of PAN’s annual conference and advocacy day.
- Creating training materials, monthly advocacy tasks, and other advocacy tools.
- Researching, drafting, editing, and proofreading documents as necessary.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Creative thinking and logical, problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of online advocacy tools.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills and great attention to detail, including the ability to handle multiple priorities and complete multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in a team environment, but also be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Experience with public speaking, tabling, and presenting preferred.
- Familiarity with legislative process and advocacy preferred.
- Sense of humor appreciated.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3-5 years professional experience and 2+ years of advocacy experience preferred.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To apply, send cover letter and resume to [email protected]. No calls, please.
Parkinson’s Action Network
1025 Vermont Avenue, NW, Suite 1120
Washington, DC 20005