Congress might be on August Recess, assembly with constituents of their house states and districts, between August 3 and September 8, 2013. It’s significantly essential for contributors of the Parkinson’s neighborhood to speak to their elected officers about protective investments on the Nationwide Institutes of Well being (NIH), the Protection Parkinson’s analysis program, and the Meals and Drug Management (FDA) – particularly at a time when our country’s fiscal long term is so unsure.
Why it Issues:
- The NIH is the most important unmarried funder of Parkinson’s analysis on the earth ($154 million in FY 2012).
- The FDA performs an very important position in rushing get entry to to secure and efficient treatments for Parkinson’s and different sicknesses.
- The Division of Protection Parkinson’s analysis program has funded over $350 million in biomedical analysis grants that read about how you can perfect give protection to army team of workers from conceivable reasons of Parkinson’s illness.
- Sequestration has and can proceed to lead to cuts to federal biomedical analysis spending – as an example the NIH misplaced $1.5 billion in investment in 2013 by myself.
- The Area and Senate are greater than $91 billion aside in settlement on spending for Fiscal Yr 2014.
What You Can Do:
1. Time table conferences together with your Individuals of Congress or their personnel
Click on right here to go into your deal with and acquire touch data in your Individuals. We’ve supplied pattern speaking issues under in addition to leave-behind fabrics you’ll give your Member or their personnel. Print them out and take them with you in your discuss with.
• Speaking Issues
• Go away-behind Fabrics:
o Federal Investment Review
o NIH investment
o FDA investment
o Protection Parkinson’s analysis
Please be at liberty to make use of as few or as many of those sources to assist tailor your message in your Member – and most significantly, take note to percentage your tale. It’s probably the most robust software you’ll have to your conferences.
If it’s your first time assembly together with your Member of Congress and/or their personnel or when you would similar to a refresher, listed here are a few fast guidelines to assist your dialog pass easily. Additionally, don’t be discouraged in case your assembly is with a personnel member. Deal with your assembly with them simply as you could a gathering with the Member, whom they’re there to constitute.
2. Ship a message by the use of social media
Attach together with your Individuals of Congress over Fb and Twitter and percentage with them the priorities of the Parkinson’s neighborhood. Pattern messages and make contact with data in your Individuals are under:
• Pattern messages
• To find your Consultant and Senators on Fb and Twitter.
3. Ship a letter to the editor of your native newspaper
We’ve supplied a template to customise and ship to the editor of your native newspaper.
Test your newspaper’s site or editorial/letters web page for directions on how you can post letters to the editor.
• Letter to the editor template
In case your letter is outlined – we’d love to look a duplicate! Please ship the letter immediately to Kristina Gawrgy Campbell, Senior Outreach Supervisor.
4. Attend a the city corridor assembly or invite your Member to wait an tournament
Test your Member’s site, social media accounts, or name their place of work for a the city corridor time table. We additionally inspire you to believe inviting Individuals to wait a neighborhood tournament or a toughen crew whilst they’re on the town so as to immediately have interaction and teach them about Parkinson’s illness.
Please tell us the way it went! Click on right here to finish a snappy and simple comments shape in order that we will be informed out of your actions and your interactions together with your Individuals of Congress and their personnel.