PAN Needs Your Help!
Did you know that the Parkinson's Action Network (PAN) relies on individual donors like you to fund our work?
For those of you who have contributed to PAN, we sincerely thank you. Your past contributions are an acknowledgement that a unified voice in Washington is our best chance of getting closer to better treatments and a cure for the 500,000 to 1.5 million people living with Parkinson’s disease.
Help us continue that effort. Please give to PAN this holiday season.
To learn more about PAN’s work and hear from our grassroots advocates, watch this video:
With your generous support, PAN will continue to work for you. Here are some examples of what your donations have accomplished:
- To date, PAN has helped secure more than $350 million at the Department of Defense for Parkinson’s research.
- PAN has created and maintained a strong alliance with the National Institutes of Health, the largest funder of research in the world, as it has allocated more than $150 million a year for Parkinson’s research.
- Through litigation and advocacy, PAN has been the leading patient voice to ensure Medicare beneficiaries with Parkinson’s are not short changed in access to therapy services and care as resources become more limited.
- PAN was the driving force behind the Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) revitalized patient-engagement campaign, ensuring the patient voice is part of the risk-benefit assessment at the FDA, and advocating for policies and funding to deliver safe and effective drugs and devices to people with Parkinson’s.
- PAN has been a leading voice in Washington against the across-the-board spending cuts known as sequestration, which have several long-term negative effects on Parkinson’s research and quality of care for the community.
PAN is also happy to announce two matching gifts that will ensure your donation goes even further.
Each gift received from a first-time donor will be matched up to $10,000. In addition, PAN Honorary Council Chairman, Frank Carlucci, has offered a matching gift for each donation of $100 or more made before December 31, 2013, up to a total of $100,000!
Please give to PAN today!
Don’t Forget About PAN During Holiday Shopping Season!
PAN is participating in AmazonSmile this year, which allows .5% of your Amazon purchases to be donated to PAN. To take advantage of this opportunity, simply visit smile.amazon.com and follow these instructions:
- Sign into your Amazon account (If you do not have one, click on "create an account" under the log-in prompt).
- Search for "Parkinson's Action Network."
- Select "Parkinsons Action Network Foundation" from the list of options.
- Shop as you normally would on Amazon.
- Don’t forget to go back to smile.amazon.com each additional time you shop.
To learn more about AmazonSmile and other unique ways to give to PAN, visit http://www.parkinsonsaction.org/support-pan.
Date originally posted: November 22, 2013.