Affordable Care Act Update -- PAN Launches Application Checklist Tool
PAN, in partnership with the National Health Coalition, has launched a new Application Checklist tool to help assist with open enrollment in the new Health Insurance Exchanges. Open enrollment for the Health Insurance Exchanges began October 1 and runs through March 31, 2014.
The Application Checklist tool includes:
- Information and paperwork requirements for plan registration
- A form to estimate your health care needs
- A form to estimate any qualifying financial assistance
- Q&A to help select the plan that fits your needs
- Covered benefits and costs
- Prescription drug coverage
- Access to providers, including specialists
- Glossary of commonly used terms
Remember, the Health Insurance Exchanges are designed to offer coverage for only those who purchase on the private market. If you have traditional Medicare, Medicare Advantage, or are interested in purchasing a Medicare supplemental plan, please visit Medicare.gov view and compare coverage options in your area. Medicare open enrollment runs through December 7!
Date originally posted: November 1, 2013.